Finance Center was the first Knowledge Center created at Nova School of Business & Economics, back in 2010.
Our activities are focused in 3 main areas: Research; Education and Consultancy / Work Projects & Applied Research.
We combine talent and knowledge to improve research and education in Finance by partnering with your business.
• Top-level scientific research in Finance
• National and International recognition while developing state-of-the-art research practices
• High-quality educational programs in Finance for PhD and Masters students
• Executive education customized programs for academic partners and alumni
• Develop consultancy projects and studies for our clients and partners
• Connect companies with our students – developing real life challenges opportunity for the students and allowing companies to access and recruit top level students
Professor Paul Goldsmith-Pinkham will be presenting "The Gender Gap in Housing Returns "
Using detailed data on housing transactions across the United States since 1991,...
The one-day conference program consists of 5 papers covering new and emerging topics in FinTech, including bitcoin, initial coin offerings, crowdfunding, and the impact of the new technologies on...
Professor Tarun Ramadorai will be presenting "Gravity, Counterparties, and Foreign Investment"
We propose a new explanation for the granular origins of gravity in...
Nova SBE International Master's in Finance rises from the 21st place to the 14th worldwide, and 12th in Europe, and continues to be the best ranked in Portugal!
Miguel Ferreira, Susana Peralta and João Amador (also from Banco de Portugal), and 5 Nova SBE Alumni: Miguel Faria e Castro (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis), Professor Francisca Guedes de...
After the biggest academic finance conference in Europe took place at Nova SBE in August 2019, Miguel Ferreira replaced Marcin Kacperczyk from Imperial College London as head of the...