a) Directly to Nova SBE*
STEP 1 - FILLING IN THE APPLICATION FORM
Within this step, you will be requested to attach the following documents:
- Passport photo;
- Copy of ID card/Passport;
- Curriculum Vitae (in English);
- Transcript of grades with a full list of courses and corresponding grades of the last 2 years of secondary school;
- Motivation letter in English. Applicants must write a motivation letter (maximum one page) explaining why they wish to apply to Nova SBE’s Economics or Management degree, what their particular interests are in the field, and what their hopes and expectations are regarding their studies. The letter should explain the applicant’s personal strengths, areas of interest, and motivation for advanced studies;
- English Certificate (e.g. IELTS) when available.
*Once your application is completed and validated, please be aware that you will have a week to take the online Maths Exam.
Do not procrastinate as the sooner you do it, the sooner you will get your acceptance decision and you can start dealing with all studying abroad issues, such as VISA and accommodation.
STEP 2 - ONLINE MATHEMATICS TEST
Attached you can find a sample test to practice for the upcoming online exam. Please bear in mind that you must score at least 50, on a scale from 0 to 100, to pass the exam.
STEP 3 - INTERVIEWS
Two skype interviews will be arranged. One concerning your motivation letter, and the other one will be conducted by a calculus teacher, to address further mathematics skills.
b) Through the Pre-University Semester
Nova SBE guarantees admission to the Bachelor programs to students who successfully complete Mathematics and also at least one of Nova SBE’s other offered courses. It is possible to receive credits for the courses taken in the Pre-University Semester and also one course taken in one of the other Nova schools. Kindly be advised that Mathematics, Portuguese and English are not eligible for credits, as they are compulsory courses.
Beyond the list of courses offered, attendance of the language component is a requirement, i.e. Portuguese or English (depending on certified fluency). Courses available at Nova SBE: Principles of Management and Principles of Microeconomics (offered in Portuguese or English).
The costs associated for students to take the Pre-University Semester are as follows:
- Application fee: 70€*
- Enrollment fee: 300€* (Upon acceptance)
- Pre-University Semester fee: 2700€* (After visa approval and before classes start)
Pre-University Semester to come to Nova School of Business & Economics
- English (for students who do not have/show B2 level will have to take English classes)
- Portuguese (for non-Portuguese students)
Courses offered by Nova SBE (the candidate only needs to take one course; however, we recommend to take both):
- Principles of Management (only available in Portuguese in the fall intake)
- Principles of Microeconomics (only available in English in the fall intake)
The requirements to be a Nova SBE student after the Pre-University Semesters are:
- Pass the Mathematics course [students must achieve a grade of at least 12 points (from 20)]
- Pass one of the courses offered by Nova SBE
- Have a minimum class attendance rate of 60 %
To apply for the Pre-University Semester you must apply through the website and choose the link specific to your nationality: http://www.unl.pt/en/international/pre-university-semester.
For more information, please contact the international relations office: firstname.lastname@example.org.