First things first
General eligibility criteria
- Candidates from any Bachelor’s program. However, if you have limited quantitative skills you may need to complete bridging courses in August.
- Professional experience is NOT a requirement to be admitted.
- This program is pre-experience and we would prefer to receive applications from candidates with less than two years’ professional experience and less or equal to 26 years of age. However, we will consider older applicants who present a similar pre-experience profile.
- The working language of Nova SBE is English. No knowledge of Portuguese is necessary for the purposes of life on campus. However, we strongly recommend students possess the following level of English language competency prior to commencing their studies: B2 (Upper Intermediate).
- Please check the specific language requirements for the International Master's in Management below
Eligibility criteria for the International Master's in Management
The International Master’s degree in Management is specifically designed for candidates who have a clear ambition to develop an international career. Looking for a first job in a multinational company or a company outside of their home countries is key to develop their multicultural experience in Management and leapfrog their experience and career development potential in a global context.
Admission Requirements (upon application)
In order to be admitted into the International Master’s program in Management, candidates must cumulatively possess the following in addition to the general admission requirements established for the Regular degree programs:
Have completed a 10-week international internship outside of Portugal, and outside of the country of nationality of the student, between completion of the Bachelor’s degree and the initiation of the master’s Program.
All candidates applying to an International graduate program who do not meet the eligibility requirements by the application deadline will automatically be considered for the Regular graduate program. Admitted candidates may later change their degree to the International program upon fulfilment of the eligibility requirements indicated previously or the requirements stated above
Application to International Master’s during the program
During the program, students may request a change of degree at the appropriate time as long as this occurs before the start of the work project semester (final semester). No requests will be permitted beyond this period.
For students who wish to change to the International graduate program, the following eligibility requirements are necessary::
- Second language and a third (if English is not the mother tongue) at minimum B1 level (or mother tongue);
- Enrollment on a CEMS or Double Degree;
Acceptance in a 10-week international internship, during the Master's program, outside of Portugal, and outside of country of nationality of the student.
A Selection Committee will assess all applications and take the selection decisions (applicants may be called for interviews).