Congratulations to Florence Pinto Basto, Aires Afonso Mbanze, Luís Coelho Filipe, Jacob Lawrence Macdonald, Paulo Guilherme and Muriel Halpern Pereira for their successful PhD thesis defense.
- Ana Garcia-Hernandez, Essays in Development Economics and Gender. Advisor: Alexander Coutts. Unanimously approved with distinction and praise;
- Florence Pinto Basto, Three essays on banks’ operational risk disclosures in the European Union: The role of informal institutions, and the association with performance . Advisors: Ana Marques (Norwich Business School) and Irem Demirci (Nova SBE). Approved with distinction and praise by majority;
- Aires Afonso Mbanze, Conservation by Local People in the Niassa National Reserve: Money or In-kind Payments to Adopt Conservation-friendly Practices. Advisor: José Lima e Santos (Instituto Superior de Agronomia), Co-Advisors: Natasha Ribeiro (Faculdade de Agronomia e Engenharia Florestal de Maputo) and Carina Vieira da Silva (Nova SBE). Approved with distinction and praise;
- Luis Coelho Filipe, A tour of health care: emergency room, hospital and home. Advisor: Pedro Pita Barros. Unanimously approved with distinction and praise;
- Jacob Lawrence Macdonald, everaging Geospatial Statistics for Measuring and Valuing the Urban Environment . Advisor: Sofia Franco. Approved with distinction and praise;
- Paulo Guilherme, Technology Transfer in Rice Crop in Mozambique: From Research to Farmers. Advisor: Fernando Brito Soares. Approved with distinction;
- Muriel Halpern Pereira Faden da Silva, Navigating tensions in the context of enduring complexity. Advisor: Miguel Pina e Cunha.